The Kyoto University Museum Collection: Photographs of Japanese Christian Relics, ca.1920-2004.
Documentary photographs about “Colored paper painting of the Madonna with the Infant Jesus and Her Fifteen Mysteries” (a.k.a. “15 Mysteries of Mary”), showing discovery, investigation, and restoration. It consists of three parts: glass plate photographs including photographs at the time of discovery, optical-analysis photographs that was taken in a joint research with National Museum of Japanese History, and photographs of the overall restoration process in 2004.
- [Name of Creator(s)] Faculty of Letters, Kyoto Imperial University; Graduate School of Letters, Kyoto University; Faculty of Letters Museum, Kyoto University; Oka Bokkodo
- [Date] 1920s–1930s, 1996–1997, 2004–2005
- [Archivist and Date] 2013
- [Extent] 154 glass film plates, 1707 photo films, 579 digitized photos
- [Existence and Location of Copies] 2479 metadata records
- [Finding Aid (Peek)] https://peek.rra.museum.kyoto-u.ac.jp/ark:/62587/ar56785.56785?ln=en