Institute for Research in Humanities, Kyoto University Collection: Research Photographs of Abuyama Tomb, 1934.
This is a collection of photographs of the 1934 excavation of Abuyama Tomb in Takatsuki City, Osaka Prefecture taken by Osamu Hanedate of the Kyoto Institute of the Academy of Oriental Culture. It is a valuable record of the discovery of a dry-lacquer coffin, examples of which are unearthed extremely rarely since most have decayed and no longer exist. The coffin itself was reburied, so this collection is presently the most important secondary material concerning it.
- [Name of Creator(s)] Institute for Research in Humanities, Kyoto University; Osamu Hatachi, Academy of Oriental Culture, Kyoto Institute
- [Date] 1934
- [Archivist and Date] 2018
- [Extent] 20 printed photos, 7 backing papers
- [Existence and Location of Copies] 28 metadata records
- [Finding Aid (Peek)] https://peek.rra.museum.kyoto-u.ac.jp/ark:/62587/ar22841.22841?ln=en