Films of investigative capture of the entire Arashiyama A-troop of wild Japanese monkeys, 1971-1973.
A group of Japanese monkeys inhabited in Arashiyama, Kyoto, increased in number by feeding from humans and split into two groups called as Arashiyama A-troop and B-troop in June 1966. Entire Arashiyama A-troop were captured and investigated in February 1972 and then transferred to Texas, U.S. These are documentary films of the capture and the investigation. Records of pre-transfer preparations in 1971 and records of remaining B-troop after the transfer in December 1973 are also included.
- [Name of Creator(s)] Koyama, Naoki, 1941-
- [Date] 1971-12-02/1973-12-20
- [Archivist and Date] 2021
- [Extent] 6 reels of 16mm film, 6 reel cases.
- [Existence and Location of Copies] 7metadata records
- [Finding Aid (Peek)] https://peek.rra.museum.kyoto-u.ac.jp/ark:/62587/ar111246.111246