Department of Archaeology, Kyoto University Collection: 16mm Documentary Film of Excavation of the Ishibutai Megalithic Tomb, 1933−1935.
A documentary film of an excavation on Ishibutai ancient tomb that were directed by Professor Kosaku Hamada and supported by Nara prefecture, in 1933 and 1935. At that time, it was not common to record an excavation on a film. The film shows activities at the site and the surroundings.
- [Name of Creator(s)] Masashi Nezu, Masao Suenaga (filming and editing); Archaeological Institute, Kyoto Imperial University
- [Date] 1933−1935
- [Archivist and Date] 2011
- [Extent] One 16mm film (black-and-white, silent, 25m11s), one digitized movie
- [Existence and Location of Copies] One metadata record
- [Conditions of Access and Use] Only available in the Audio-Visual station. Please ask permission of the Department of Archaeology, Graduate School of Letters for secondary use.