Transmission Electron Microscopy Photographs of Materials irradiated by High-Energy Particle, ca.1985-1997.
Material irradiation experiments using high-energy particles are conducted as a means of introducing defects into the material and as a property test of the material used under irradiation. This collection consists of negative films that record the results of electron microscopic observations of various materials, mainly metals irradiated with high-energy particles, and various morphologies of irradiation damages are captured. These photographs not only cover results of wide-ranging experimental conditions, but also include rare observations of irradiated materials that were obtained under the conditions that are no longer available due to the shutdown or change in the operating conditions of irradiation facilities such as research reactors and accelerators.
- [Name of Creator(s)] Yoshiie, Toshimasa; Materials Radiation Effects, Institute for Integrated Radiation and Nuclear Science, Kyoto University
- [Date] 1985 - 1997
- [Archivist and Date] 2021
- [Extent] cirica 62,600 negative films; 62 field notebooks
- [Existence and Location of Copies] 62,757 metadata records
- [Conditions of Access and Use] To view original electron microscopy films (not digitized images), you need the permission of the holder. Please contact us.
- [Finding Aid (Peek)] https://peek.rra.museum.kyoto-u.ac.jp/ark:/62587/ar114199.114199